2019 NNPC National Science Quiz Competition
2019 NNPC National Science Quiz Competition is open for all. As a matter of facts, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) National Science Quiz Competition 2019 is out. Apply now. The NNPC quiz competition was inaugurated in 2000 and limited to the Niger Delta level, but went national in 2001 Till date, it has run 15 national editions. The 2017 edition is, therefore, the 16 (excluding a year it was not held).
NNPC National Science Quiz Competition Objectives.
- Firstly, to implement a core element of NNPC Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) package.
- Secondly, to promote Science education in the country.
- Thirdly, to encourage students in the study of Science and Technology related subjects,
- Furthermore, to prepare students in English and General Studies
- To prepare students for promotional and qualifying examinations.
- Likewise, to build friendship amongst the participating students.
- Similarly, to develop students competitive spirit.
- To break down long-held stereotypes and engendering a better sense of National being in participating students, through the cross-cultural interactions that the contest offers.
- Lastly, to provide a platform for enlightening the students and the general public on the activities of NNPC.
NNPC National Science Quiz Competition Exam Schedule.
Firstly, South-South Zone
- Date: Monday July 1, 2019
- Venue: Uyo
Secondly, South-East Zone:
- Date: Wednesday July 3, 2019
- Venue: Owerri
Thirdly, South-West Zone:
- Date: Friday July 5, 2019
- Venue: Oshogbo
Fourthly, North-Central Zone:
- Date: Monday July 8, 2019
- Venue: Minna
Likewise,, North-West Zone:
- Date: Wednesday July 10, 2019
- Venue: Katsina
Finally, North-East Zone:
- Date: Friday July 12, 2019
- Venue: Bauchi
The National Finals/Grand Finale are scheduled for September 16 and 17, 2019 at the NNPC Towers, Abuja.
Note:Timelines subject to adjustments where necessary
How to Apply for NNPC National Science Quiz Competition.
Interested schools should visit their respective Local Government Area and register under the Local Government Education Department to be able to participate in the competition.