All Things Considered Host Vacancy At WFYI United States
All Things Considered Host Vacancy At WFYI United States is on going. As a matter of fact, this is current open for all to apply. Are you looking for hands-on experience in public broadcasting? Maybe you just want to join a team of leaders who provide learning experiences to the Central Indiana Community. Similarly,WFYI Public Media/Metropolitan Indianapolis Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative-action employer. Likewise, WFYI’s Commitment to Diversity: View WFYI’s Diversity Statement (pdf). Furthermore, you are welcome to work with us. Apply now
Job Information At WFYI United States
Furthermore, Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, 46202, United States
Job ID: 49005046
Posted: June 14, 2019
Position Title: All Things Considered Host
Company Name: WFYI
Similarly, Job Function: Production/ Programming
Entry Level: No
Job Type: Full-Time
Likewise, Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Finally, Required Travel: 0-10%
Description At WFYI United States
Position Title: Local All Things Considered Host
Classification: Regular, full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience, exempt Reporting
Relationship: This position reports directly to the Director of Radio Position
The All Things Considered Host serves as the local voice of 90.1 WFYI Public Radio during this key drive time shift. The Host provides continuity by incorporating local elements into the program.
- Live on-air board operation for evening network news magazine. Switch programming functions from network to local programming; accurately and seamlessly segue from content shared by all stations to content specific to individual stations. Read weather, traffic, underwriting, and other announcements. Troubleshoot technical difficulties
- Furthermore, Generate content (two-ways and other interviews) for use by participating stations
- Preparation for daily show—familiarity with local markets served. Review top stories, prepare rundowns and digest of national and local program elements. Record any elements needed for individual stations. Revise and update weather forecasts, traffic, and any shared continuity. Work with local program directors and news directors to accommodate daily news features, daily changes in program schedules including breaking news, addition of new elements, etc.
- Likewise, Coordinates national and local promotion of ATC among stations.
- Participate in stations’ fundraising endeavors as needed, especially semi-annual public radio fund drives. Serve as ATC representative at stations’ events.
- At least two years of professional on-air experience in a similar drivetime host or reporter position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcasting or journalism or related field.
- Similarly, Public Radio Experience preferred.
- A working understanding of public radio content and style, including strong writing skills.
- Strong audio production and digital editing skills with audio editing software, Adobe Audition preferred.
- Proficiency in using Windows computer software, internet skills, broadcast automation system, and high level of technical competency.
- Sophisticated knowledge of national, regional, and local current events and politics, in keeping with National Public Radio standards, is expected by the audience.
- Furthermore, Strict attention to broadcast clock and detail
- High energy and passion for WFYI Public Media mission and core values of: Operating with unquestionable integrity; collaborating with each other and with community partners; respecting everyone; serving with humility; embracing change; delivering excellence every day.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Finally, Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online