Relief Driver (Roaster) at World Health Organization (WHO)
Relief Driver (Roaster) at World Health Organization (WHO). As a matter of fact, World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job Title: Relief Driver (Roaster)
Ref Id: 1902693
Primary Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: NA
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Schedule: On Call
Objectives of the Programme
- Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Drives office vehicles for transportation of authorized personnel specifically for field surveillance missions
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.,
- Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc.;
- Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Essential: At least Junior Secondary School education and a valid driver’s license.
- Essential: At least two years driving experience as a driver and a safe driving record.
- Desirable: UN experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the working language and
- An ability of writing a concise and faithful report of the accidents.
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English.
Application Closing Date
10:59:00 pm; 17th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.