Laboratory Officer at the Management Sciences for Health
Laboratory Officer at the Management Sciences for Health. As a matter of fact, The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Officer
Job ID: 13-10649
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Micheal Umoren
- The Laboratory Officer will be required to support the SLA in sustaining patient-centred care and treatment services for HIV/AIDS and TB. This will involve innovative, evidence-based, state-specific, and cost effective technical assistance that will allow state and local governments to increasingly assume overall HIV and TB responsibilities.
- In working within the Country Office Laboratory Team, s(he) will ensure all MSH-supported laboratories in the States provide quality laboratory services throughout the year by ensuring that all lab equipment is functional at all time and maintaining zero-stock out time for all reagents and RTKs.
- Track and maintain databases for viral load testing, GeneXpert optimization and HIV rapid test continuous quality improvement (HIV RTCQI) efforts from supported states.
- Ensure health facility laboratories implement GoN-approved diagnostic protocols, quality control procedures, and significant biosafety and biosecurity practices.
- Support all MSH-supported laboratories carry out quality assurance functions, including but not limited to IQA, EQA/PT activities, the availability of quality-related documents and records.
- Represent MSH on issues of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS at the national and sub-national level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Medical Laboratory Scientist, must be registered with Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) and licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Minimum of BMLS/B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Science with 3 to 5 year’s post qualification experience.
- Also, A Postgraduate degree in public health/health science is a plus
- Also, Significant experience in laboratory diagnosis of AIDS, tuberculosis and other opportunistic infections and laboratory monitoring of clinical status of people living with HIV essential
- Significant expertise in laboratory Quality Management Systems
- Familiarity with local and WHO/AFRO Accreditation process is a plus
- Finally, Familiarity with ministry of health national HTS guidelines and HIV/AIDS diagnostic algorithms is also essential.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Furthermore, Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online