Finance Assistant (Monguno) at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Finance Assistant (Monguno) at the International Rescue Committee (IRC). As a matter of fact, The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Requisition ID: req4916
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cash and Bank payment processing:
- Maintain Naira cash book at the set limits; take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
- Also, Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Also, Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
- Prepare the cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by the FM prior to upload in SUN system.
- Performing supervised cash counts every Fridays.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies
- Ensure all cash received is duly receipted and coded and promptly banked
- Each month stamp original documents “PAID or RECEVED BY IRC” before sending to Abuja.
- Maintain bank information file
- To act as a bank agent for the Monguno Base Office.
- Collection of bank statements from the bank on a monthly basis.
- Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance
- Minimum one year experience in the financial area of a non-profit organization.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs, preferably SUN systems and visions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good communication skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Good at role of facilitator and team player in solving problems.
- The position offers programmable workload with quarterly travel to sub-offices to review/update accounting systems and train staff in the field.
- The positions is located in Monguno Base Office – situated in northeast Nigeria.
Core Values and Critical Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Cautious and attentive
- Improvement mindset
- Team player
- Proactive and reliable
- Stress tolerance
- Planning and organization skills
- Building partnership
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with limited supervision.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online