Chief Transaction Support Officer (PINS1) at African Development Bank
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Transaction Support Officer (PINS1)
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50070326
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
- The Chief Transaction Support Officer is responsible for leading the Investment Analytics, Modeling, Structuring and Advisory Team (IAMT) and for structuring Non-Sovereign Operations towards credit enhancement and financial sustainability of the transaction.
He/She is also responsible for:
- Advising origination teams on best economic and financial model to adopt in order to optimize use of available financial instruments and legal structures in NSO transactions;
- Developing structuring approaches in response to the Bank’s specific commercial and legal requirements, including market requirements of co-financiers where the Bank is acting as Mandated Lead Arranger;
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- First of all, Provide leadership and guidance to the Modeling and Structuring Team,
- Also, Lead and draft Integrated Models optimizing the use of available financial instruments for non-sovereign transactions
- Also, Lead and draft structuring opinions, present proposed solutions for investments under consideration, clarify the pros and cons of diverse structuring options;
- coordinate through written opinions the drafting and review of finance and project documentation
- Review of legal and financial terms of potential investments and transaction with a view of achieving the future secondary sale of assumed exposures to commercial investors, financiers and insurers;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- First of all, A minimum of a Master’s degree or its university equivalent in Finance or Economics.
- Also, A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, business development, modeling and in structuring.
- Also, Disciplined approach whilst maintaining creativity and lateral thinking for effective problem solving;
- Sense of initiative and innovation in proposing solutions to client needs.
- Also, Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Also, Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- First-hand knowledge of financial instruments and techniques.
- Strong experience with Credit enhancement instruments.
- Also, Sound knowledge of tailored products (such as guarantees) for sector based investments.
- Also, Experience with aggregation and pooling structures for investors.
- Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues.
- Also, Proven ability to acquire new skills (particularly in legal, investment, risk capital, technology and innovative sectors).
- Also, Proven ability to integrate socio, environmental and economic indicators in the model.
- Capacity to adapt to the rapidly evolving needs of the Bank’s NSOs ecosystem.
- Also, Solid negotiation skills, diplomacy and credibility to deal with clients at all levels.
- Also, Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Finally, Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Furthermore, Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.