Laboratory Technologist at Greensprings School
Laboratory Technologist at Greensprings School. As a matter of fact, Greensprings School is an international co-educational services limited comprising of Preparatory School, Elementary School and Secondary School. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society. We value our students, employees and other stakeholders.
Also, we seek to recruit interested and qualified candidates who are creative and passionate about digital marketing to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
- We seek to hire a Laboratory Technologist with a sound knowledge of Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Mathematics into the Secondary section of the school.
- The Laboratory Technologist must be able to perform various science related tasks, purchase specimen, apparatus and collect needed samples as requested by the subject teachers.
- Also, The Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for the preparation of solutions, laboratory testing, safe keeping of the apparatus and chemicals, and the maintenance of accurate records.
- Also, The individual will work collaboratively with all the teachers in accordance with the policy of the department.
But not limited to the following:
- First of all, Prepare samples/specimens/solutions for use
- Also, Perform daily quality checks on laboratory apparatus and equipment
- Also, Prepare samples for testing using various types of laboratory equipment
- Label specimens accurately and distribute them to the appropriate subject teacher in the department
- Also, Clean and maintain work area and all laboratory equipment and supplies
- Also, Keep records of broken glassware and report to accounts department promptly
- Understand and interpret accurately the IGCSE instructions
- Also, Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Document all activities in the laboratory for record purposes
- Also, Maintain and track reports on reagents and chemicals to avoid use of expired resources
- Help with administrative tasks when needed
- Also, Clear all apparatus and reagents immediately from the laboratory after practicals
- Assist in displaying students’ work on the boards
- Also, Ensuring resources are up to date
- Ensure gas does not run dry before refilling
- Also, Ensure that there is constant water supply in the laboratories
- Finally, Always available in the department for any urgent duty
- Candidate must possess at least 3 years active relevant experience.
- HND/B.Tech in Science Laboratory Technology or any related field.
- High technical skills
- Also, Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion
- Also, Effective communication, both verbally and writing
- Ability to easily understand complex instructions
- Also, Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and records
- Finally, Excellent computer skills
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes
Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the seven core values of the school:
- Child Centredness
The school expects all staff members to uphold themselves in a manner that inspires and encourages outstanding behavior within the student body. The school reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the school.
In some circumstances, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar post in order to support workload peaks and skill shortages to ensure priorities are met.
Application Closing Date
12th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Furthermore, Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.