Field Coordinator Assistant at Solidarites International
Field Coordinator Assistant at Solidarites International. As a matter of fact, Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator Assistant
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
Goal / Purpose
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- Also, These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- Finally, In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation.
List of Main Tasks
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Also, Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Also, Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Also, Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Also, Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Finally, Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Establish or reinforce relations with authorities under the delegation of the Field Coordinator;
- Meet with representatives from various authorities as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Also, Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Also, Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Finally, Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports.
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Also, Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Also, Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Also, Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings
- Capacity to handle large work volumes
- Also, Ability to work unde pressure and good stress management capacity
- Also, Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
- Ability to work in multicultural environmental
- Also, Active Listener, good Interpersonal skills
- Also, Good negotiation, strong relationship building and networking skills
- Finally, Diplomatic and courteous
- MA in Project Management/Disaster and Risk Management/Political Science
- Also, Expertise in Humanitarian Access Management
- Also, Knowledge in Monitoring & Evaluation, Conduction Assessments
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Organisation, task prioritisation abilities
- Creative and autonomy
- IT Skills: Good knowledge of Office Software; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professional Experience: 2-3 years experience in a similar position in NGO’s/Private or Public Sector
- Languages; Proficiency in English; knowledge of Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages is desirable.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
12th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should select “Field Coordinator Assistant” and also fill the application form inside the link above and attach their CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.