State Accountant Vacancy At Federal Ministry of Agriculture And Rural Development (FMARD)
State Accountant Vacancy At Federal Ministry of Agriculture And Rural Development (FMARD) Now. As a matter of facts, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) are in collaboration with IFAD and NDDC. Likewise, this implementation is with International Fund for Agricultural Development Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta States (LIFE-ND). More vacancies Click here
To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel to fill the position below:
Vacancy Title: State Accountant
- Ensuring the Programme’s financial procedures as detailed in the Programme Implementation and Financial Manuals are strictly adhered to by all Programme staff and implementing partners at the state level.
- Facilitating the timely disbursement of Programme funds to the various accounting units. As a matter of facts, the service providers and farmers’ groups.
- Likewise, Compiling SOEs for the PMU and other implementing partners for timely preparation of withdrawal applications.
- Ensuring adherence to International Financial Reporting System as well as Government of Nigeria financial practices and circulars as issued from time to time.
- Maintaining sound accounting system, ensuring installation of good and complete chart of accounts and maintaining all relevant books of accounts that ensures complete recording and reporting of all financial and non-financial transactions of the Programme at the state level.
- As a matter of facts, Facilitating and ensuring that external auditors are availed. All necessary documents and information during the audit as detailed in the Financing Agreement.
- Preparing financial reports and advising the State Programme Coordinator on the Programme’s financial status and trends.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the installation and management of sound Integrated Financial Management Information System (Computerized Accounting)for SPMU.
- Finally, Undertaking any other duties (related to the Programme’s activities) as may be assigned by the State Programme Coordinator.
Qualification and Experience
- First degree or Higher National Diploma in any Numerate discipline. Furthermore, a higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Similarly, Professional qualification (ACA, ANAN, ACCA) with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management team of donor funded projects.
- Strong working knowledge of both national and international accounting procedures.
- Furthermore, Strong computer skills, spread-sheets, and other relevant accounting packages.
- Finally, Working knowledge of banking and financial control procedures
Application Closing Date
Method of Application