Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Vacancy At Federal Ministry of Agriculture And Rural Development (FMARD)
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Vacancy At Federal Ministry of Agriculture And Rural Development (FMARD) Now. As a matter of facts, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) are in collaboration with IFAD and NDDC. Likewise, this implementation is with International Fund for Agricultural Development Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta States (LIFE-ND). More vacancies Click here
To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel to fill the position below:
Vacancy Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (MEC)
- Firstly, the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will have overall responsibility for operating, coordinating and facilitating the planning of M&E activities related to project implementation.
- The Coordinator will oversee the design and operationalization of robust systems for PME and ensure its full linkage with other information and knowledge systems. Likewise, this is to enable the project to be flexible and responsive to changing circumstances.
- The Coordinator will also assess the needs and capacity for PME at the regional level and accordingly design and implement capacity building activities.
- Similarly, the Coordinator will work closely with relevant State M&E staff to ensure a coherent and collaborative approach to PME.
Furthermore, Develop activities for the annual work plan and budget (AWPB).
Develop the project M&E system on the basis of the project’s Logical Framework taking into account government monitoring frameworks and IFAD RIMS methodology.
Organize and supervise focused baseline surveys and assessments of beneficiaries at the beginning of the project to be undertaken by consultants.
Prepare an M&E Plan, including the project’s monitoring formats.
Establish indicators for outputs, outcomes and impact, monitor implementation processes and performance, and assess outputs and outcomes in line with government and IFAD RIMS guidelines.
Foster participatory planning and M&E by training and involving stakeholder groups.
Oversee the design of a field-based system for project monitoring that incorporates the logical framework approach.
Prepare essential data to be included in quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
Monitor financial and physical progress as well as reporting back to stakeholders to create a better learning environment; undertake project and thematic evaluations.
Integrate the M&E system into the overall project coordination and organization function and into an MIS.
Ensure capture of intended impact as well as successes and failures; prepare reports and guide staff in preparing their progress reports.
Design and implement report formats so that all reports from service providers/implementing partners can be regularly and conveniently compiled/aggregated to contribute to the overall project results framework.
Organize and oversee annual review and planning workshops and preparation of AWPB.
Similarly, inform and join supervision missions by screening and analysing reports.
Select service providers where necessary and formulate TORs and scope of work for the service providers. Supervise, monitor and certify the work of service providers for the various activities and assignments.
Similarly, Consolidate state progress reports and contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports of the RPCO.
In like manner, Reporting and Location
Finally, the position will be in the RPCO located in Port Harcourt. The MEC will report directly to the PC.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s or Higher Level University Degree in Agricultural Economics, Social sciences, Economics, Statistics or other relevant field.
- Proficient in the use of databases and spread-sheets, statistical and other software packages for both quantitative and qualitative analysis and demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis and data management.
- Experience in analyzing complex programmes or policies.
- A minimum of 10 years’ proven experience working in, designing and implementing M&E/Results-based management and/or project management in areas such as agriculture, natural resources, rural finance and policy matters.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Have thorough understanding of analytical tools.
- Have solid understanding of use of modern information and communication technology (ICT) in development and excellent knowledge of computer-based communications tools, in particular web-and mobile-based technology.
- Likewise, Experience in facilitation, in particular of learning processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Finally, Fluency in some of the local languages will be an asset.