Deputy Construction Superintendent at Subsea 7
Deputy Construction Superintendent at Subsea 7. Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Construction Superintendent
Vacancy ref: 60890
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Contract type: Contract
Languages in which you may apply: English
Functional Unit: Africa Operations
Overview of Role
- The Deputy Construction Superintendent is working in Operations Department.
- He is part of preparatory works post Engineering and pre start-up of topside works.
- He will support the Construction Superintendent and the Hook-up Lead to prepare the mobilisation of personnel and material / equipment relative to the scope of work.
- Offshore he will support the Construction activity under the directives of the Construction Superintendent.
- As Deputy from Construction Superintendent, he will work closely with him to gather a solid knowledge of hook-up ways of working and technical skills.
- Construction Superintendent (directly)
- Operations Manager (functionally)
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities during Tender and PROJECT
- First of all, Understand and review of preparatory works and job cards post Engineering and design including planning and sequence of work
- Also, Participating to offshore survey during Engineering Phase
- Also, Following prefabrications in yard (if need be)
- Participating of preparations of procedures relative to lifts as required
- Also, Support the Construction Superintendent for consumables, tools, equipment requirements
- Also, Following requisitions and technical proposals from suppliers
- Support the Construction Superintendent for personnel requirements as Welders, Pipefitters, Riggers, Scaffolders, Supervisors
- Also, Preparation of materials / equipment prior to off-shore works
- Following mobilization of personnel and hook-up Spread
- Also, Support planning development
- Finally, Lead part of the construction scope under Construction Superintendent supervision.
- First of all, Two-year technical degree (French BTS) in Structural, Mechanical, Piping, Metalwork
- Also, Minimum of 5 years’ experience in metalwork, piping, structural (refinery, nuclear, offshore)
- Also, Good technical knowledge in structural and piping
- Curiosity and strong will to learn
- Also, Leadership regarding folks and supervisors
- Also, Fluent French, spoken and writing
- Fluent English, spoken and writing
- Also, Experience with fabrications in yard, topsides works or lifting will be a benefit
- Finally, Knowledge regarding estimating man-hours will be a benefit.
- Please refer to AFRICA P&O Organisation Charts for more information.
- Based offshore during operational phase
- Base onshore for preparation, pre-mobilization and fabrication follow up
- Rotation system:
- Offshore: 5 weeks ON, 5 Weeks OFF
- Onshore: 10 weeks ON, 3 weeks OFF
- This position is linked to Subsea 7 job capsule.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online