Health Information Management Officer at World Health Organization
Health Information Management Officer at World Health Organization. (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
World Health Organization is recruiting:
Job Title: Health Information Management Officer
Job ID: 1806496
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 6 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in Information Management, Public Health, or Epidemiology; Business or Public Administration, complemented by training in information management from an accredited/recognized institute.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in the above subjects. Specific training in humanitarian response or emergency information management.
- At least 5 years of related experience in information management, monitoring, needs assessment, project management, data management and information dissemination in the public health sector or health development sector, at national level, part of which in emergency management or humanitarian context in leadership positions. Experience in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Advanced use of MS Office, particularly spreadsheets, data visualization and analysis tools, and databases
- Design and management of information systems