HACT Consultant at the (UNICEF)
HACT Consultant at the (UNICEF). UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. Also, To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Job Title: HACT Consultant
Job Number: 518556
Duration: The contract is 7 months
Work Type: Consultancy
- In preparation of the 2019 HACT Assurance Plan activities, the HACT unit will require to engage individual consultants to conduct approximately 150 planned spot checks and provide capacity building to Implementing Partners (partners) identified with weak financial management systems and internal controls.
- Spot checks are a review of financial records to obtain reasonable assurance that amounts reported by partners on the FACE Form are accurate. Spot checks are performed in the office of partners where financial records are kept.
- The contractors will be required to analyze spot check reports from 2019 HACT assurance activities to identify high priority observations that require follow up and management action.
- The HACT Unit will require to engage at least 5 individual contractors with adequate financial management and accounting technical skills.
- First of all, The Individual Contractors will provide relevant support in ensuring full compliance with the 2019 HACT Assurance Plan for UNICEF Nigeria;
- Conduct spot check activities of identified 2019 partners according to the spot check TOR & guidelines
- Also, Discuss high risk observations from spot checks and other assurance activities with Chiefs of Section and Chiefs of Field Office
- Share the draft spot check report with responsible Programme Specialist/Officer for review and to provide any comments or inputs for finalization
- On a weekly basis, update the high-risk recommendations on the spot check tracker and internal reporting tools for each Section/FO on SharePoint. Send the link to the responsible Chief and HACT Focal point for follow up action/closure
- Also, Follow up of high risk and unresolved open items from prior spot checks and audits for closure
- Follows up with the programme team on high priority issues observed during micro-assessments, spot checks and audits
- Also, Aid with the preparation of audit activities and update on the HACT Assurance Plan/eTools on the conducted HACT assurance activities
- Also, Provide support in conducting HACT trainings for partners and UN staff as required
- Finally, Maintain a well-organized and easily accessible filing system of all HACT related documents on SharePoint monthly
Academic Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience and Competencies Required
- First of all, A minimum of five years experience in internal/external audit or financial management experience in a reputable organization.
- Experience in fraud/investigative work is desirable
- Also, In-depth knowledge of internal auditing, accounting and auditing standards and application of IPSAS.
- First-rate analytical skills and proven knowledge of management principles.
- Also, to establish priorities, conceive and execute work in a busy work environment
- Also, Excellent written and oral communication skills. Maturity of judgment, tact, integrity and discretion.
- Initiative and resourcefulness. Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other team members.
- Also, Experience with training and facilitation of group learning processes.
- Also, Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Fluency in English is required
- Finally, Personal drive for results and resilience.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2018 at 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time).
Furthermore, Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should quote an all inclusive fee in their cover letters
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.