College Librarian at Ebonyi State College of Education
College Librarian at Ebonyi State College of Education. Vacancy available for a College Librarian at Ebonyi State College of Education.
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: EbonyiJob Description
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer of the College who is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments, as well as in providing services for the entire College community.
- Forming overall library policies, personal contacts and liaison with the departments
- Preparation of library Budgets
- Engaging in matters of common interest
- Responsible to the Provost for the day to day smooth running of the College Library.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of Deputy Librarian and must possess the following requirements:
- Minimum of an MLS with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience
- Relevant scholarly publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- A member of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development course/council annual workshops.
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Deputy Librarian.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) type-written copies of their Applications (including Curriculum Vitae and credentials), giving the following information as listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic journals and publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capacities)
- Societal linkages
- Report of medical fitness (from a Government Hospital)
- Present occupation and status(s), Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be in a position to supply applicant’s academic and professional references
- Signature and date.
Applications should be enclosed in an envelop marked “College Librarian” at the “Right hand Corner” and addressed to:
Ebonyi State College of Education,
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees on the Curriculum Vitae, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the “Registrar and Secretary to the Council”, Ebonyi State College of Education Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria.