Senior SAP BASIS Administrator at Dangote Group
Senior SAP BASIS Administrator at Dangote Group. Vacancy available for a Senior SAP BASIS Administrator at Dangote Group.The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Job Title: Senior SAP BASIS Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As our BASIS administrator, you will be working with business and IT partners to leverage SAP platform as strategic asset within Technology. You will be working with a team to bring broad experience in the Best practices for SAP platform. You will work with other basis members to define and refine in developing the road-map for the SAP platforms.
- The candidate will work on a small basis team and with developers and business analysts to implement new SAP functionality, apply SAP program fixes, develop and maintain interfaces, maintain SAP change control, monitor and tune hardware/platform/backend, and assist in SAP software upgrades and projects.
- Work with basis team members to administer the technical infrastructure and meet SLAs, project requirements/deadlines, and any other additional business needs.
- Provide first-level SAP Basis support to the SAP Functional Team, IT staff, and the end user community, including the handling of incident tickets, 24x7x365 emergency support, transport movements, and other day-to-day operational and project tasks for the SAP systems.
- Provide SAP Basis support and technical expertise for the installation and/or enhancement of the SAP systems to meet expanding business requirements.
- Perform SAP system, database, operating system, and transaction monitoring/tuning to proactively meet corporate SLAs and to ensure optimal response times for the SAP user communities.
- Develop, maintain, and document SAP system operating procedures for any of the above functions and/or additional responsibilities.
- Provide knowledge-transfer and cross-training to teammates and other corporate staff. Research new procedures, best practices, methodologies, and technologies to make recommendations and grow in technical competence.
Bachelors degree with 7+ years experience OR Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience (List specifics) OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
Extensive in-depth knowledge of SAP Basis area; support, monitoring, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance.
Extensive background in performance tuning and troubleshooting; utilizing SAP performance management tools.
In-depth understanding of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) systems, concepts, and procedures
Experience with Oracle, SQL and HANA databases.
3 years’ experience in a Lead role
Minimum 3 full life-cycle Implementations in SAP technology