Buyer at Sunray Ventures
Buyer at Sunray Ventures. Vacancy available for a Buyer at Sunray Ventures. Sunray Ventures is an African venture builder, addressing Africa’s core opportunities and challenges, by building and growing high-impact companies that are leaders in their respective fields. Sunray Ventures currently works in three different verticals.
Job Title: Buyer
- Purchasing activities for the entire group
- Material and Service Purchase.
- This purchasing can be done on a Local or foreign basis
- Prepare and issue for approval the Purchasing/Procurement Process
- Propose and implement the use of e- sourcing tools
- Lead complete purchasing project in partnership with the technical partner and the share services.
- Use the appropriate ERP tool to issue PO, check Stock and ensure the contractor are paid.
- Ensure that all local and international regulation are strictly adhered to.
- Always clearly state in PO’s QA/QC requirements (in the form of mill test certificates, MSDS, other quality certifications) for purchased materials/equipment and verify compliance through proper documentation.
- Always clearly state in PO’s HSE requirements and very compliance.
- Ensure to not expose the Group or its company to claims or legal issues.
- Successfully prepare, negotiate and administer a broad range of complex, technical and high value/risk purchases, applying knowledge and experience of commercial, insurance and legal issues, using the Group General Terms and Conditions.x
- Identify and maximize the use of best practices in his/her work & the work of other members of the team, particularly in key areas where procurement activities can add value and/or reduce time and effort expended on non-strategic requirements to achieve continual improvement on the cost effectiveness of the procurement service and the team.
- Apply and enforce the use of Market Intelligence tools (Market, Suppliers, Cost Models, target prices,..)
- Initiate Frame Agreements where appropriate
- Perform regular reporting of the activity
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by his/her hierarchy
- A good Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Social Sciences.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS UK or Nigeria) not a prerequisite but would be encouraged
- 5 to 7 years of experience in an industrial environment with a minimum of 3 years experience as a field engineer or logistics officer.
- Strong communication and analytical skills are necessary for a range of complex internal and external negotiations
- Knowledge of Purchasing tools and practices.
- Working in a thriving, fast paced environment
- Opportunities for growth.