Social Mobilization Officer at the International Medical Corps
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Social Mobilization Officer
In Kano and Borno, IMC is a consortium member of the Core Group Polio Project in Nigeria. This is a five year Polio Eradication program in covering 6 LGAs in Kano and 10 in Borno. IMC is implementing this project in partnership with CSADI and AHIF in Kano and Borno respectively
The project 1) re-enforces the Ministry of Health’s routine immunization program to improve its performance, 2) strengthen supplemental polio immunization efforts, and 3) improves community mobilization in support of child immunization and acute flaccid paralysis surveillance. This is to improve the Expanded Program on Immunization services contributing to CGPP’s goal of polio eradication in hard-to-reach communities.
- The Social Mobilization Officer will be responsible for designing, planning and providing technical guidance on social mobilisation activities in the polio eradication project in Kano states.
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the local implementing partners’ staff (LGACs, VWS, VCMs), state social mobilization working groups
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support the polio project activities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
First degree or its equivalent in Social/ Behavioural Sciences (Development Studies, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) or any other relevant discipline of study
Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Proven experience on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
Minimum of Three (3) years “Hands On” work experience in advocacy, social and or community mobilization in polio projects or any health programs.
Excellent communication, and organizational skills; – and- ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level.
Understanding of local communities and cultures in the relevant states of operations and ability to communicate fluently in Hausa.
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
Ability to work successfully in cross-cultural, team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should should be addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the email:email@example.com
The position is for Nigerian nationals only
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.