PTI Entry Qualification for 2018/2019
PTI Entry Qualification for 2018/2019. The petroleum training institute popularly known has PTI has made known to the public their entry qualification.
About Petroleum Training Institute
Petroleum Training Institute (P.T.I.) in Effurun, Delta State was established by the federal government of Nigeria in 1973. As a prerequisite for the membership in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to train indigenous middle-level manpower to meet the labour force demands of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria and the West African subregion. It awards General Welding Certificates, ND (National Diploma) and HND (Higher National Diploma) certificates.
The Act to establish the Petroleum Training Institute is summaries as follow.
- Provide courses of instruction, training and research in petroleum technology.
- To produce technicians and other skilled personnel required to run the petroleum industry.
Applicants must possess the minimum entry qualifications stated below.
- Admission will be by choosing Petroleum Training Institute as first choice of Institution in the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) examinations, then apply for the Post UTME screening on this site.
- Applicants must have his/her GCE O/Level, WASC or SSCE (WAEC or NECO) result with credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings, which should include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and any one of the following Science Subjects, Biology, Geography, Agricultural Science.
- Applicant for Petroleum Marketing and Business studies technology must also posesses. GCE O/Level, WASC, SSCE (WAEC or NECO) Credit passes in five (5) subject which must include English Language, Mathematics and any two of the following subject such as Economics, Business Methods, Commerce, History, Religious Knowledge, Accounting, Geography, Statistics and Government. At least a pass in Chemistry is compulsory.
- Successful completion of the one academic year relevant PTI Pre-Diploma programme.
Programme available in P. T. I
The following are programme available in P.T.I
- Petroleum Engineering and Geoscience Department
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Mineral and Petroleum Resources Engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering and Natural Gas Geoscience Department
- Petroleum and Gas processing Engineering.
- Machnical Engineering Department
- Machnical Engineering Technology.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Department
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- Petroleum Marketing and Business Studies Department
- Petroleum Marketing and Business Studies
- Industrial Safety and Environmental Technology Department
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Industrial Safety and Environmental Technology
- Department of Welding Engineering and Offshore Technology
- Welding and Fabrication Engineering Technology
- Computer Science and Information Technology