Upstream Oil Industry Analyst Vacancy – OPEC is now recruiting for the post of Industry Analyst Vacancy, which you can apply for free. OPEC is a permanent intergovernmental organization of 14 oil exporting developing countries that coordinates and unifies the oil policies of its member countries.
- Job location; Nigeria
- Job Reference Number; 5.3.01
Core purpose of the job;
Provides in-depth studies and reports on medium- or long-term energy issues. Monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production technologies and assesses the implications for OPEC.
Identifies and follows the main areas of emerging energy-related technologies and research and development (R & D), facilitates and supports coordinated planning and implementation of collaborative R & D programs related to energy Of the OPEC member countries.
Identifies the prospects for OPEC’s participation in major international R & D activities.
Conducts studies and reports on medium- and long-term developments in the petroleum industry. Provides effective tools for and performs model-based studies for medium-and long-term energy supply / demand and downstream simulation analysis and projections.
Develops OPEC’s Long-Term Strategy and monitors, analyzes and reports on relevant national or regional policies, such as fiscal, energy, trade and environmental issues, and assesses their impacts on energy markets.
OPEC and Non-OPEC nations and analyzes its main determinants (reserves, investment trends, technological advances, etc.).
S/he monitors and analyzes the evolution of costs and upstream investments related to conventional oil supply and their impacts on exploration and production activities worldwide and contributes to the Global Oil Outlook.
Core responsibility of the job is;
- Conducts analysis and studies on conventional medium and long-term oil supply prospects and contributes to the Global Oil Outlook;
- Analyze upstream exploration and production costs for conventional oil;
- Study the expansion of capacity and investment plans and requirements for conventional oil in OPEC and in non-OPEC regions;
- Investigate, analyze and forecast relevant technological changes and assess their impact on medium and long term oil recovery rate, production and recovery costs;
- Collects and analyzes data and information on upstream conventional oil, including all development activities and processes in exploration and production;
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and international forums.
- Candidate should possess a university degree in petroleum engineering, petroleum geology or related sciences; An M.Sc in the same field mentioned is also preferred.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 8 year experience in the field of oil exploration, production or reservoir engineering in an oil company or petroleum-related government agency or at least 6 years with post M.sc experience
- Candidate with Specializations in Advanced upstream technology, Good knowledge of planning and analysis of upstream activities, including modelling and/or project evaluation, and Basic knowledge of the environmental impact of upstream activities an asset
- Candidate should possess;
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Decision-Making Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Presentation capabilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Good orientation towards customer service