2018/2019 Academic Vacancies in University of Ilorin
All vacancies are free for Qualify Candidate. You are not expected to make any payment to anyone for Job intake. Anyone who poses to help you get a job in the institute is a scammer. The public are advice to take hid.
Important Facts on University of Ilorin
University of Ilorin opens up Employment opportunities for Applicant in Nigeria. This university is a Nigeria based University located in Ilorin, the capital city of Kwara State. It is position at latitude 8.4799° N and longitude 4.5418° E. land mass covering about 5,000 hectare.
The University of Ilorin was one of the seven institutions established in Nigeria in the military era. This was passed on the decree of the Federal Military Government in August, 1975.
In like manner, the University of Ilorin began as a University College. Affiliated to the oldest university in 1975. This was under the leadership of the then principal, Dr. T.N. Tamuno.
likewise, the institute current have 15 faculties. Arts, Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences, and many others. These faculties are broken down into several academic departments.
Currently, the institute has over 4,474 staff. 48,000 undergraduate, 5,000 postgraduate students in over 90 academic programmes.
The following vacant positions is opened at the University.
1. ACADEMIC STAFF
- Senior Lecturer
- Lecturer I
- Lecturer II
- Assistant Lecturer
- Graduate Assistant
A. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
The following vacancies exist in faculty of Agriculture;
- Department of Agricultural Economics & Farm Management
- Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries
- Department of Crop Protection
- Department of Forest Resources Management
- Department of Home Economics and Food Science
B. FACULTY OF ARTS
Several vacancies are opened for qualify applicants in the faculty of Arts. All interested applicant are to apply immediately.
- Department of Arabic
- Department of English
- Department of French
- Department of Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
- Department of Performing Arts
- Department of History and International Studies
- Centre for Peace and Strategic Studies
C. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Chemical Pathology and Immunology
- Department of Medical Biochemistry
- Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Department of Pathology (Morbid Anatomy)
- Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Department of Physiology viii. Department of Physiotherapy
- Department of Radiography
D. FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Anaesthesia
- Department of Behavioural Sciences
- Department of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Department of Family Medicine v. Department of Medicine
- Department of Nursing Science
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology
E. FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION SCIENCES
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Information and Communication Science
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Telecommunication Science
- Department of Library and Information Science
F. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Department of Adult and Primary Educatio
- Department of Arts Education
- Department of Educational Management
- Department of Educational Technology
- Department of Human Kinetics Education
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Social Sciences Education
G. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Food and Bioprocess Engineering
- Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
H. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Department of Estate Management
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
I. FACULTY OF LAW
- Department of Islamic Law
- Department of Private and Property Law
J. FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Biology
K. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Finance
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Public Administration
L. FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
- Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Department of Pharmacognosy and Drug Development
- Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
M. FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Applied Geophysics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Geology and Mineral Sciences
- Department of Industrial Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
N. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department of Criminology and Security Studies
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography and Environmental Management
- Department of Political Science v. Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Sociology
O. FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- Department of Veterinary Anatomy
- Department of Veterinary Medicine
- Department of Veterinary Microbiology
- Department of Veterinary Pathology
- Department of Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology
- Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Department of Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
- Department of Veterinary Theriogenology and Production
P. UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
- Deputy University Librarian
- Librarian II
Q. CENTRE FOR OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING (CODL)
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics
SUMMARY BY FACULTY
|A||AGRIC||ii, v||ii, iii, iv, vi, vii, viii||i, ii,
iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii
|B||ARTS||i||i, iii||i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi||i, ii, iii, vii,||i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi||ii, iii, iv, v, vi||ii, iv|
|ii, vi, viii||ii, viii||i , ii ,iii , v, vi, viii, ix||ii, iii, iv, v, vi, viii ,ix||iii, iv, vi, vii, viii, ix||vi, vii, ix||i|
|D||CLINICAL SCIENCES||i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix||V|
|E||CIS||i, ii , iii, iv,||i, v,||ii, iii, iv, v,||ii, iii, v||i, ii, iii, iv||iv,|
|F||EDUCATION||V||Vi||i, ii, iii, iv, v||i, iii, iv, vi, vii||i, ii, iv, v vi, vii,||i, iii, iv, vi||iv, vi, vii|
|ii, iii, iv, vi, vii, viii||i, iv, v, vii, viii||i, iv, vi||i, ii,
iv, v, vi, vii, viii
|H||ENVIR. SC.||I||i, ii||i||i, ii, iii||i, iii||i, ii, iii||ii|
|J||LIFE SCIENCES||i, ii||i, ii|
|K||MGT. SCIENCES||iii||iv||iii, iv||i, ii, iii, iv||i|
|L||PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES||ii, iv||i, ii||ii, iii, iv||iii||i|
|Vii||i, iii, vii||ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii||iv, v, vi, vii||ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii||i, ii, iii, vi, vii||i|
|N||SOCIAL SCIENCES||i, vi||i, vi||i, iv, v, vi, vii||i, v, vi, vii||i, ii, v, vi||ii, iii, v, vi, vii||v, vii|
|O||VETERINARY MEDICINE||iv, viii||v, vii||ii, iii, v, vii,||iv, vi, viii||i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, viii|
|Q||CODL||i, ii, iii, iv|
The following stipulated prerequisites has been laydown for all qualify candidate. This prerequisites is specifically for the 2018/2019 Academic Vacancies in University of Ilorin.
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Crop Protection must specialize in these fields: Applied Plant Pathology and Bacteriology Hematology, Virology, Seed Pathology).
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Forest Resources Management must specialize in any of the following fields: Forest Ecology and Civil-culture, Wildlife Ecology and Management, Forest Tree Improvement, Food Science and Wildlife Technology.
- in like manner, Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Home Economics and Food Science should specialize in Home Economics, Food Science and Technology.
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology must possess MBBS plus a Master degree in Medical Microbiology.
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Adult and Primary Education should specialize in Adult Education.
- Likewise, Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Arts Education should specialize in French Education or History and Policy of Education.
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Educational Technology should specialize in Computer Science Education or Technology Education.
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Educational Management should specialize in Business Education.
- Furthermore, Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Social Sciences Education should specialize in Social Studies, Educational Psychology and Economics Education.
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Microbiology should specialize in Mycology, Microbial, Physiology, Medical Microbiology and Environmental Microbiology.
- Candidates applying for positions in the Department of Plant Biology should specialize in Plant Anatomy/Plant Taxonomy, Plant Physiology/Louver Plant.
- Candidates applying for the position of Senior Lecturer in the Department of Political Science should specialize in Political Theory.
- Candidates applying for the position of Senior Lecturer in the Department of Psychology should specialize in Physiological Psychology, Lecturer I in Developmental/Social/Industrial Psychology, Lecturer II in Health Psychology, Assistant Lecturer and Graduate Assistant in General Psychology.
- Candidates applying for Readership position in the Department of Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology should specialize in Helminthology, Senior Lecturers in Entomology and Lecturer II in Protozoology.
- Candidates applying for the position of Professor and Lecturer II in the Department of Anatomy should specialize in Veterinary Anatomic Pathology, Lecturer I in Veterinary Clinical Pathology.
Professor (CONUASS 7)
Candidates should be holders of a PhD Degree from recognised universities with at least Ten (10) years teaching, research and administrative experience in recognised universities. Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership in his/her academic discipline. Candidates must also be specialists in advertised fields of study with evidence of scholarly publications in reputable local, national and international learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Reader (CONUASS 6)
Candidates should possess the qualifications as stated for Professors but with at least Eight (8) years teaching, research and administrative experience in recognised universities. Candidates must have evidence of scholarly publications in reputable local, national and international learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Senior Lecturers (CONUASS 5)
Qualifications are the same as (b) above but with at least Six (6) years teaching, research and administrative experience in a recognised university. Candidates must have evidence of scholarly publications in reputable local, national and international learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Lecturer 1 (CONUASS 4)
Candidates should be holders of a PhD Degree from recognised universities with at least Three (3) years post-doctoral teaching, research and administrative experience in a recognised university. Candidates must also have evidence of scholarly publications in reputable learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Lecturer 11 (CONUASS 3)
Candidates should be holders of a PhD Degree from recognized universities or Master degree with at least Three (3) years teaching, research and administrative experience in a recognised university. Candidates with a Master degree must also have evidence of publications in reputable learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Assistant Lecturer (CONUASS 2)
Candidates should be holders of Master’s Degree in relevant fields from recognised universities.
Graduate Assistant (CONUASS 1)
Candidates should be holders of a Bachelor Degree (minimum of Second Class Upper Division) from recognised universities, in relevant fields. Candidates must also have evidence of NYSC
Job closing date
10th October, 2018.
A. CONSOLIDATED UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC SALARY SCALE (CONUASS)
CONUASS 07 – N 4,591,149.00
CONUASS 06 – N 3,779,021.00
CONUASS 05 – N 3,102,305.00
CONUASS 04 – N 2,090,795.00
CONUASS 03 – N 1,660,309.00
CONUASS 02 – N 1,461,871.00
CONUASS 01 – N 1,274,177.00
B. CONSOLIDATED TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS SALARY STRUCTURE (CONTISS)
CONTISS 15 – N 4,058,262.00
CONTISS 14 – N 3,363,134.00
CONTISS 13 – N 2,733,869.00
CONTISS 12 – N 2,025,517.00
CONTISS 11 – N 1,833,967.00
CONTISS 09 – N 1,460,163.00
CONTISS 08 – N 1,258,654.00
CONTISS 07 – N 1,084,017.00
CONTISS 06 – N 709,051.00
CONTISS 05 – N 442,816.00
CONTISS 04 – N 364,300.00
CONTISS 03 – N 322,242.00
CONTISS 02 – N 307,910.00
CONTISS 02 – N 303,850.00
C. OTHER CONDITIONS
1. Appointment is normally on probation which may be confirmed after two years of satisfactory service. The post is pensionable.
2. All applicants for academic positions and applicants for positions on CONTISS 05 – CONTISS 12 MUST be computer literate.
3. All applicants for positions on CONTISS 02 – CONTISS 05 MUST be able to communicate in English Language.
All Applicants are to apply online except applicants for positions on CONTISS 02 – CONTISS 05. Who should submit 10 hard copies of their applications along with their curriculum vitae. Credentials addressed to “The Registrar, University of Ilorin, P.M.B.1515, Ilorin, Kwara State” with the position applied for clearly indicated on the right-hand side of the envelope boldly in capital letters.
- Full Name
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of Birth: iv. Place of Birth and State of Origin:
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Cell Phone Number
- Mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Pure Academic Qualifications (with dates Starting with the latest)
- Professional Qualifications dates Starting with the latest)
- Scholarships and Prizes (at University, Secondary or Technical Level only
Starting with the latest)
- Training Programme Attended (Period of Training and College, Describe Courses taken – Starting with the latest)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Professional Societies (Starting with the latest)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience: Starting with the latest)
- Research Interests or Commissioned Projects
(a) Completed (Starting with the latest)
(b) In progress (list)
- List of Publications with Details of Title, Publishers, or Journals dates and pages (where applicable)
- Major Conferences and workshop attended with papers read (starting with latest):
- Information on Fellowship, Master’s Projects and Ph.D. Thesis Supervised: (To include the following) (starting with the latest):
(a) Title of Thesis
(b) Name of Student
(c) Date/Year of Commencement
(d) Completed/On-going (Anticipated date of Completion)
(e) Sole/Collaborative Supervision
- Details of Administrative Experience
- Teaching Experience: xxvi. Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees: Three referees are required, two of whom must be professionals in the candidate’s field. It is the duty of the candidate to inform the referees to complete the referee form through the link sent to the email address provided on them.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
For the online application
- Suitably qualify candidate are to fill the online forms.
- Qualify applicate are to use the form below to create account for your application.
- Note that after creating your account details, you will login with your Application Number and Password.
- This is through the Login link at the top of this page.
- An email alert will be sent to your email address.
- This will contain your Application Number and Password for Login purpose.
See More Job Vacancies;