Chief Accountant at Health+Solve Limited
Chief Accountant at Health+Solve Limited. Our client, a 137 bed specialist Hospital and Medic-care Centre located in Otukpo, Benue State is currently recruiting for qualified, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position below:
- The Chief Accountant will provide financial & accounting services to the Organization in accordance to accepted financial regulations and accounting principles
- The role is also responsible for ensuring the financial records of the Company are accurate and properly maintained and regular/periodic reports & returns prepared and submitted to the Chief Medical Director and the Board of Directors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage financial systems, policies & processes in line with the Organization’s overall Vision, Mission and strategic objectives.
- Enforce financial strategies and regulations across the Organization.
- Provide strategic analysis and support the Chief Medical Director and Head, Business Operations in strategic planning & decision making for the Organization.
- Management and co-ordination of daily operations of the Accounts Department to support the achievement of overall departmental goals and objectives.
- Monitor the working capital of the Company by efficient liquidity management.
- Participate in the negotiation and review of financing and investment terms, provide relevant inputs/recommendations to Executive Management and maintain relationships with investors and lenders on behalf of the Company.
- Monthly management and review of Company’s receivables.
- Supervise the preparation of weekly bank statement reconciliations before agreed cut-off date, clearing up any discrepancies with other accounts documents especially cash books.
- Daily payment initiation of all previously approved and processed bills and invoices within agreed timeframe(s).
Budgeting & Reporting:
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts and financial statements within the required time periods and in accordance with International financial reporting standards.
- Control income, cash flow and expenditure; prepare the cash flow forecast for the Company.
- Prepare & submit requisite reports e.g. financial statements to stakeholders and Board members within agreed time-frame(s).
- Answer/report to all audit queries and inquiries.
- Provide appropriate coordination, delegation, coaching and support to the Department’s personnel to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Work with HR to implement measures for skill improvement of team members in the Department.
- Prepare and effect all approved staff payments as and when due. Miscellaneous:
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies which may affect Company cash flows or financial activities, communicating same promptly to Executive Management as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned as by the Chief Medical Director or the Board of Directors.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution.
- Post Graduate Studies An MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related discipline is preferred.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CFA or similar qualification will be considered a plus. Prior knowledge and experience in the medical field is a definite advantage
- At least 4 years’ experience in a financial management supervisory role A solid understanding of financial reporting & accounting principles, organization, planning, records management and general administration
- Working knowledge of statutory financial compliance legislation and regulations Proficient in Microsoft Office, the internet and different accounting packages like QuickBooks, Sage etc.
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands
- The role holder must possess a high level of integrity
- IT savvy with excellent numerical skills
- An Analytical mindset, coupled with a strong business acumen
- Planning & Organizing skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal, oral & verbal communication skills
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Must be responsible, responsive, flexible and accountable
- Should have the capacity to build an effective Team and be a mentor, coach & role model for team members
- Expected to observe safety measures as outlined in the Organization’s Safety Policy Manual
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet requisite deadlines