Project Officer at Plan International
Project Officer at Plan International. As a matter of fact, Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
Also, We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The purpose of this role is to support the KFW project implementation in line with Plan International Nigeria policies, donor guidelines and international best practices.
- Also, The role holder contributes towards ensuring implementation is compliant to the Country Strategy and Humanitarian Response Strategy, objectives, outcomes and targets, which constitutes the contractual and project base.
- Also, the candidate ensures work-plans, programme activities and reports are timely accomplished in-line with minimum quality standards related to Education interventions.
Dimensions of Role
- The candidate is expected to communicate with Project coordinator in-charge of the KFW project. Supports the strengthening and training of the school based management committees, training of teachers working with partners including communities and education institutions as well as follow ups and monitoring of project activities.
The project officer is expected to perform the following roles:
- Responsible for the direct implementation of the project activities in the selected local government areas(LGAs)
- Also, Facilitation of SBMC training and support for the strengthening of the SBMCs.
- Also, Support and facilitate the training of teachers in pedagogy and in service.
- Work closely with the local partners to mobilize the communities in which the project will be implemented.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly project reports to the project coordinator.
- Also, Raise purchase requisitions for the project and make follow ups with the logistics team to ensure timely procurement of the project materials.
- Shares relevant information within the team establishing and supporting the proper documentation of activities
- Also, Contribute to resource mobilization through updating Plan International through the project coordinator by providing updates on the needs in the communities, participate in needs assessment and provide lessons learnt and feedback to improve project quality and implementation.
- Finally, Participates in relevant projects and networks as requested.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- First of all, University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Also, Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in Education interventions in complex settings
- Also, Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Also, Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
- Also, Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Community mobilizations and engagement skills.
- Excellent facilitation and training skills.
- Also, Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Also,Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Finally, The candidate demonstrates good working knowledge and skills of Ms excel, Ms word and power-point.
- Excellent command of English language and Hausa
- First of all, Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Also, Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Also, Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Also, Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Also, Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.