Control Officer at PecanTrust Microfinance Bank
PecanTrust Microfinance Bank Limited is a Central Bank of Nigeria Licensed, for-profit making institution dedicated to supporting early stage, small and medium-sized enterprises ‘SME’, the informal working class and low income families through providing access to finance, entrepreneurship training, a network of mentors and facilitating business partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Control Officer
- First of all, Daily update and auditing of the ajo collection officers daily.
- Carry out strategic and impromptu checks on ajo customers to verify documented information reported by ajo collection officers.
- Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy, cash suppression or fraud is noticed.
- Also, Internal control checks and records to safeguard company assets.
- Make recommendations regarding facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures and systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Also, Ensure compliance with the bank’s policy, procedure and regulations.
- Also, Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with bank and industry policies.
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues.
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor controls.
- B.Sc in any related field
- Proven work experience in Ajo collection or Auditing or Supervising in a Microfinance bank or related environment.
- Experience in handling cash
- Ability to create and process financial spread sheets on excel
- Strong analytical and customer service skills