Security Support Assistant at the International Organization for Migration IOM
Security Support Assistant at the International Organization for Migration IOM is on going. Furthermore, this is a free guide for applicant. Similarly, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951. IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration. Likewise, they works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
Security Support Assistant at the International Organization and other prerequisite needed
Firstly, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Support Assistant (SSU)
SVN No.: SVN2019/88
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Staff Security Unit (SSU)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short- Term Graded (SSTG) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- In light of the emerging crisis, the scale of SSU support in Nigeria is growing exponentially. It is therefore crucial to recruit a Security Support Assistant whose role will be to assist in the logistic and administrative matters of IOM safety and security policies and assets as well as serve as IOM focal point for the UNHAS helicopter flights in the NE.
- Also, Under the direct supervision of HoSo Maiduguri /Nigeria, the technical supervision of the Field Security Officer (FSO) in IOM Nigeria, and in close collaboration with program managers the successful candidate will assist on all management matters related to UNHAS booking, SSU operations, and SSU assets in IOM Maiduguri.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Firstly, Manage UNHAS Helicopter flights bookings including receiving and consolidating booking requests, sharing consolidated request with UNHAS booking focal point,
Secondly, Prepare and share accurate and timely schedule when available with staff and concerned managers. preparing flight cargo requests and clearance. Make and cancelling bookings and prepare monthly database of no show staff.
Thirdly, Carry out all administrative matters including manager/assets custodian recording, issuing and tracking of security assets; Support field mission by issuing all the necessary equipment available with SSU custody. And maintain track of it missions.
Similarly, Verify that security administration and mandatory security requirements are complete (mission pre-departure briefings for all hourly staff, travel clearances, ID card, are properly monitored and maintained for future access if required; Page 2 / 3
Assist in regularly providing briefings and information sharing by available channels with hourly staff members for all matters related to safety and security, mainly information related to security advisory and instructions;
Furthermore, Manage UN ID cards requests for IOM regular staff in coordination with IOM HR and Security Staff in Abuja.
Maintain an inventory of all fire safety equipment within the IOM premises with the corresponding expiry date and liaise with the logistics team on maintenance and replenishment/repair/replacement
Also, Maintain hourly staff tracking list updates (Daily tracking matrix) regularly updated and shared on daily basis with FSO and Program managers as requested.
Maintain the data base of guard force information at all locations and assist in Monitoring the contracted security guards and mobile police.
Lastly, Perform any additional duties as requested.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Firstly, Degree / Certificate in Social Science, Administration, Law Enforcement or certified graduation from military/police academy.
- Secondly, Minimum Two years of relevant experience in UN, INGOs or 3 years or experience in the relevant fields with Military or police forces;
- Thirdly, Good political and social knowledge of Northeastern Nigeria.
- Computer literacy with a high degree of proficiency in commonly used applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel is a must.
- Furthermore, Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with others with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Training in emergency and disaster response is an added advantage.
- Likewise, Knowledge of UN / INGOs security management
- Finally, Experience of using security and communication Equipment including VHF/HF radio system.
- Fluency in English Language; Fluency in Hausa language advantageous;
The incumbent must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Similarly, Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Lastly, Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Firstly, Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Secondly, Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Thirdly, Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Finally, Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Furthermore, Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Furthermore, Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Lastly, Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019.88 Maiduguri. Security Support Assistant (SSU).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.