Finance Officer at ARM Life Plc
Finance Officer at ARM Life Plc. As a matter of fact. ARM Life Plc is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- Responsible for providing support to the organization’s financial accounting function, with responsibility for revenue, payments, banking and maintenance of general ledgers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly Closing Procedures: Provide Support on the preparation of monthly closing package, including balance sheet, profit and loss statement, supporting schedules, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position, on a timely basis in accordance with published monthly closing schedule.
- Maintenance of General Ledgers: Support all GL maintenance activities ranging from GL reviews to detailing assets and liabilities.
- Monthly reconciliation of Bank accounts: Preparation of monthly reconciliation of bank account and related reconciliation needed for effective control of the business.
- Maintenance of Transaction Records: Ensures all transactions are appropriately captured / maintained in relevant databases.
- Maintenance of Internal Controls: Ensures the implementation of, and adherence to the company’s financial control policies and procedures and of the recommendations arising from internal and external audit reviews.
- Support Annual Budget Preparation: Participate in the preparation of annual financial and operating budgets, including supporting documentation and justification.
- Support Periodic Audit Exercises: Provide support on the year-end audit exercise, through the preparation of required documentations, and account analysis, as may be required by the audit.
- Tax Remittances and Refunds: Responsible for processing (with due approvals) payment of outstanding tax obligations, statutory deductions, and transaction-based taxes.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university
- Advanced degree in Finance or Business Management (e.g. MBA, M.Sc Finance e.t.c)
- Professional certification in finance and/or accounting from a recognized professional body (e.g. CFA, ACCA, ICAN e.t.c)
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Orientation
- Holding People Accountable
- Intercultural Competence
- Leading and Developing Others
- Professional Confidence
- Relationship Building for Influence
- Team Working
- Communicating Effectively
- Professional Accounting Standards
- Transactional Accounting and Closing Processes
- Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Cost Accounting
- Cost Management
- Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting
- Financial Analysis
- Variance Analysis.