Stabilization Centre Doctor at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
Stabilization Centre Doctor at the International Medical Corps (IMC). International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
Also, By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Stabilization Centre Doctor
Location: Damboa, Borno
Position: Nigerian nationals only
The primary function of the SC Doctor is to provide leadership and overall day to day management of severe acute malnutrition (SAM) at IMC stabilization Centre (SC) in Damboa LGA. Together with Nutrition Coordinator, Nutrition Manager and Nutrition Officer, he/she participate in defining intervention priorities, develop necessary contacts and relationships with government, non-government, donors and UN agencies at the field level; Contribute to the development of strategies and manage existing programs and resources, and provide day to day supervision, management and coaching to a wide team of SC staff in Damboa. Ensure that International Medical Corps program is delivering the highest level of quality of nutrition services in line to national and international guidelines. .
Qualifications and Experience
- First of all, Strictly qualified and registered national Medical Doctor from a recognized university/institute with minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must possess a valid practicing license from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Experience in implementation of nutrition programs is an added advantage.
- Also, Understanding of nutritional/health surveillance and information systems/reporting.
- Also, Proven ability and experience in planning and conducting formal training session on health and nutrition including CMAM and IYCF.
- Finally, Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach other staff and community workers.
- First of all, Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with children and their care takers.
- Also, Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Also, Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a Nutrition representative of IMC in the SC.
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political, religious and economic aspects of the community.
- Also, Excellent inter and intra personal skills to ensure consistent positive relations with key stakeholders.
- Also, Familiarity with donors and donor procedures helpful.
- Finally, Strong report writing and computer skills.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their Applications to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: email@example.com
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.