Project Control and Performance Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum
Project Control and Performance Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum. As a matter of fact, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Control and Performance Assurance Lead
Ref Id: 103276BR
Skillpool: Project Services
Qualifications & Experience
- The Cost Control and Performance Assurance Lead shall have an Engineering degree and/or Certified as Cost Controller and Performance Assurance at Lead Role Capacity with minimum of 10-12 years industry experience in Cost Control and Estimation in the Oil & Gas industry including Five (5) + years in management/leadership roles working seamlessly with Planning /Cost Control/Risk Management Professionals.
He/She must meet the following requirements:
- First of all, An accredited Project Services Cost Engineer Level 2 or equivalent international project cost and control assessment.
- Have an understanding of deepwater developments and projects delivery in a challenging environment. Experience in deep water cost estimating is an advantage.
- Also, ,Fully versed with the use of Cost controls and Cost Estimate guides and tools (including Company cost estimating tool or equivalent) and with practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Also, Fully conversant with various assurance processes such as Cost & Schedule Risk Assessment, Value Assurance Reviews, Estimate & Schedule Assurance Reviews, etc during Front End Engineering Design.
- Must be confident and able to establish credibility with staff, peers, Global Discipline Head, Technical Authorities and Project Management Team.
- Have proven interpersonal and relationship skills in complex environments with ability to work with personnel of diverse background.
- Also, Able to work with, and influence multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams. Maintain composure under pressure.
- Able to develop team members and other less experienced professionals through coaching and training.
- Also, Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage.
- Be proactive, collaborative and adapt to ways of working in a complex deepwater project to ensure collective ownership of an outcome developed towards meeting a project intent.
- Also, Demonstrates high level of personal integrity, with ability to maintain confidentiality in delivering standard, consistent and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to a project in a dynamic environment.
- Skilled in developing framework for Contingency Management and Contingency Drawdown.
- Also, Able to lead and integrate various functions/stakeholders in managing a credible cost control/forecast for EPC contracts and overall Project Cost in accordance with established governance processes.
- Finally, Able to support a complex mega project team spread across various geographical locations via virtual working.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- First of all, Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant’s applications.
- Also, We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Also, Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Finally, Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.