Financial Controller at Confederation of African Football (CAF)
Financial Controller at Confederation of African Football (CAF). As a matter of fact, The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa.
As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition.
Also, It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Supports the finance director in the financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures;
- Assists the finance director to protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls;
- Monitors and confirms financial condition to the finance Director.
- First of all, Establishes, monitors, and enforces policies and procedures;
- Also, Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls;
- Also, Monitors and confirms the financial situation by performing the internal audit and provide the information to the external auditors;
- Establishing schedules for budgets preparations; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans;
- Also, Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions;
- Prepares special reports for presentation to the Finance Director;
- Also, Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data;
- Also, Files financial reports; advising finance director on needed actions;
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results;
- Finally, Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Bachelor Degree required in Finance / Accounting
- Master Degree or CPA or accounting equivalent required
- Five years of working experience in a similar position
- Use of Microsoft Office applications
- Use of EDP accounting applications
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and French
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Multicultural environment