Officer, Database at KPMG Nigeria
Officer, Database at KPMG Nigeria. As a matter of fact, KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a reputable player in the Food industry that always strives to attract and retain the very best talent.
Job Title: Officer, Database
Ref #: 212
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- In line with the company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience, we seek an exceptional Officer, Database with proven integrity.
Detailed Job Description
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model and meet storage requirement.
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS).
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- First degree in Electronics, Computer Engineering or any related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Professional qualification in a related discipline will be an advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle 8 or higher versions, MS SQL Server) and operating systems (UNIX, MS Windows)
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online