State Data Assistant (Community Engagement) at the (WHO) – Gombe & Jigawa
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: State Data Assistant (Community Engagement)
Ref No: 1900711
Locations: Gombe & Jigawa
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 6 months
Purpose of the Position
- Nigeria continues to make strides in polio eradication, however, the resurgence of the circulating Vaccine Derived Polio Viruses type 2 (cVDPV2) is posing a challenge mainly due to high immunity gaps due to low demand for routine immunization.
- The national government along with development partners are currently implementing various strategies to address the challenges of immunity gaps, which include engagement of communities through their leaders to ensure all eligible children completed 5 immunization visits as per schedule.
Description of Duties
- Under the overall guidance of the IVE Focal Point and over all supervision of NPO Routine Immunisation and technical guidance of the M&E/Data management FP, the State Community Engagement Data Assistant will carry out the following specific task:
- Collaborate with appropriate partner teams, State Ministries of Health (SMoH), to establish the CE data management and reporting systems required to support the implementation of Communication / community engagement
- Participate in meetings and conferences where CE data are presented or discussed.
- Ensure appropriate interactions with counterparts in State Ministries of Health, partners and others to enable the sharing and processing of CE data to meet the needs of state and program-wide data review committees.
- Ensure the utilization of CE mobile-based/ODK data collection as well as data use for action as per the programmatic need of government, partners, and within WHO
- Timely submission of Communication / community engagement data to flow as needed.
- Develop and implement approaches to clean communication / community engagement data, using completeness, internal consistency and logic checks; automate the generation of Communication / community engagement data quality reports; ensure systematic follow-up of data irregularities.
- Verify communication/community engagement data quality (completeness, timeliness), identify gaps in health information management, recommend and monitor progress with corrective actions.
- Provide technical input and technical review of Communication / community engagement data management plans from partners.
- Provide trend and detail analysis of the state/LGAs social data during IPDs/OBRs.
- Support and participate in field activities designed by the SMoH and partners to optimized routine immunization activities.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative.
- Essential: Secondary, technical or commercial school certificates with training in Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research
- Desirable: University degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- At least 2 years’ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in database development.
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (ArcGIS, QGIS etc.)
- Previous related work experience in the UN or other International Development Agencies, Training on DHIS2 platform.
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English
- Desirable: Working knowledge of Hausa Language
Specific skills required:
- Computer literacy especially proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Basic knowledge of ICT, programming, mobile and web based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Communicating in a credible and efficient way
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.