Finance Assistant / Finance Officer (Oyo) at Abt Associates
Finance Assistant / Finance Officer (Oyo) at Abt Associates. The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Job Title: Finance Assistant / Finance Officer
Req Id 59908
- Abt Associates seeks a Finance Officer to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- Also, The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, including Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in Akwa Ibom and Oyo States.
- The Finance Officer will report directly to the Oyo state coordinator. He/She will be responsible for financial administration of the Project in the respective state.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- First of all, Ensure that prior authorization is obtained before any payment
- Also, Examine all financial documents for payment (i.e. purchase requests, purchase orders, invoices and receipts) are checked for completeness, accuracy and validity of financial data, including accounting classification and computations
- Also, Where applicable, monitor all bank accounts transactions, review and reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Record financial transactions and prepare monthly report
- Also, Ensure on-time, accurate data entry, completing the journal entries for non-routine expenses as necessary
- Also, Provide routine financial statements and reports
- Finally, Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures
- Manage cash flow, including funds transfers and field advances from the national office in Abuja and to the state office
- Oversee the issuance and collection of project contractors, consultants and staff travel advances, reconciling advance accounts each month. Follow up on outstanding advances which have not been liquidated in the timeframe prescribed by policy
- Monitor and track all transactions and liaise with the national office in Abuja to ensure that adequate funds are available all times to cover operations
- Prepare regular project reimbursement, billing requests and accompanying financial reports for submission
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- First of all, At least a degree in any of the following areas – accounting, finance or business management with three (3) years of post NYSC experience
- Also, Experience as a finance officer and understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Also, Experience working with an international development organization preferably USAID funded programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel spreadsheets or comparable software
- Also, Capacity to deal with multiple tasks and be able to adhere to tight deadlines, and excellent time management skills
- Also, Ability to use basic accounting software
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Also, Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Alos, A proven team player
- Finally, Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- (2+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience