Office Assistant at World Health Organization (WHO)
Office Assistant at World Health Organization (WHO). (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Job ID: 1900206
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 3 months
Description of Duties
- Reporting to the EOC Manager, and under the overall guidance of the Head, WHO Emergency Manager, Maiduguri and working closely with government of Borno State, WHO & other partners in the state, the incumbent will have a front line responsibility of administrative activities within the PHEOC at the sub-national level (Maiduguri), ensuring the overall compliance with the administrative rules and emergency Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- The incumbent will manage a team of administrative clerks, volunteers and will assist to liaise with counterparts within the organization to ensure smooth coordination and implementation of administrative services.
- In addition, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the management of PHEOC Store and Logistics.
- First of all, Assist the PHEOC manager in the daily running of the PHEOC
- Also, Take minutes of PHEOC/WHO general/ thematic team meetings; to develop points as action tracker, dispatch and follow up on the personnel responsible for action.
- Also, Manage the PHEOC Database/dispatches and communication system
- Assist the PHEOC Manager/Team leads in power point presentations for meetings
- Also, Receive calls on behalf of PHEOC for alerts, updates and also to disseminate information and requests
- Also, Make contacts with LGAs using the toll free lines and communicate on coordination with partners and state
- Facilitate orderliness within the PHEOC
- Also, Follow up on report submission and presentations
- Also, Assist the manager in booking of the hall for cluster meetings and place on board
- Supervision of cleaners at the PHEOC
- First of all, Keep records of store and register inventory and dispatches done within the PHEOC
- Also, Daily inventory of stock
- Also,Do Data entry when needed
- Finally, General management of the store.
- Essential:Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Essential: Two years relevant experience in a similar role
- Desirable: Relevant working experience within the UN and/or International NGO
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Able to communicate in English and the local language.