Zonal Data Assistant at World Health Organization
Zonal Data Assistant at World Health Organization. World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job ID: 1806297
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the post is to coordinate WHO data management and M&E activities at zonal level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the zone/states to:
- Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guidesthe surveillance and immunization program
- Monitor achievement of recommended surveillance performanceindicators for Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP), other Vaccine Preventable Diseases as well as other diseases of public health priority as highlighted inNigeria’s Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy.
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data availableand guide the program
Description of Duties
- First of all, The specific functions of the incumbent are:Establish, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to national level.
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to states foraction.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevantlevels.
- Also, Work closely with Zonal M&E officer in the provision of monthly feedback onM&E/Accountability Framework to states
- Produce monthly and quarterly analysis feedback from data to enhance decision making atrelevant levels
- Also, Support the zone with data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the zone.
- Also, Provide technical data management support to the zone and states.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.
- Finally, Perform other activities as required by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of University degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management and related field; preferably supplemented by a certificate in GIS.
- Desirable: training in monitoring and evaluation.
- Essential: At least 5 years experience in data management and ICT in an international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization.
- Thorough knowledge of data management/ICT skill; strong analytical skill.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 8,200,887 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- First of all, This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Also, Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- Also, In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/ Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Also, Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Finally, This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.