National Immunization Logistics Officer at (WHO)
National Immunization Logistics Officer at (WHO). World Health Organization is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. As a matter of fact, it is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
World Health Organisation (WHO)
Job ID: 1806491
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Description of Duties
- Under the overall supervision of the WHO Country Representative, the Officer will provide technical support to WHO EPI Staff based at central, zonal as well as state level in Nigeria. This position reports to the EPI Team Leader, and liaises with other EPI sub-units including Immunization, Monitoring & Evaluation, Surveillance, EPI Operations and EPI Program Management.
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- First of all, support national authorities and partners in strengthening and redesign of the immunization supply chain to improve bundled vaccine supply to service delivery points.
- Also, support national authorities to prepare, review and implement multi-year immunization as well as annual immunization plans.
- To support the development of a multiyear cold chain inventory replacement and rehabilitation plan using data from the cold chain inventory and assessments and also in line with Cold Chain Equipment and Optimization Platform (CCEOP).
- Also, To support the country to develop and implement new vaccine introduction plans and monitor the implementation of the plans.
- To support in the identification and monitoring of bundled vaccine requirements for each round of immunization campaigns and deployment of adequate quantities from the national level down to the state level.
- Also, To conduct operational research to improve the quality of immunization supply chain, service delivery and quality of polio SIAs.
- Also, support the development and production of data management and monitoring tools for polio and non-polio SIAs
- To support the development of cold chain, logistics and waste management plans for the campaigns
- Also, To support the implementation of GAVI HSS/PSR plans and implementation as it relates to immunization supply chain and logistics
- To support in receipt, storage and distribution of emergency supplies and outbreak response activities
- Also, undertake capacity building activities in support of immunization operations (service delivery, vaccine supply and quality, logistics), immunization safety and introduction of new and under-utilized vaccines
- Also, To support activities aimed at strengthening partnership, advocacy as well as resource mobilization in support of improving performance of immunization activities.
- Finally, Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
- First of all Producing results;
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Also, Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Also, Building and promoting partnerships across the organisation and beyond
- Finally, Promoting WHO’s position in health leadership
- Essential: Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Nursing, Medicine and Other Health related Sciences with additional training and/or certification in immunization, epidemiology, supply chain and logistics.
- Desirable:Post graduate degree in Biomedical sciences, Public health, Epidemiology, supply chain
- First of all, At least 5 years’ experience in Immunization systems, service delivery, vaccine security and logistics at both national and subnational level.
- Also, Experience in vaccines forecasting, quantification, supply and distribution, management and storage especially in disease outbreaks and emergencies.
- Also, Experience in cold chain inventory and system assessment.
- Finally, Experience in handling immunization logistics data as well as analysis for making informed decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of French language would be an asset.
- Also, Strong analytical skills and high level technical proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with ability to use these tools to collect and analyze immunization program data.
- Also, Good business-oriented verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Finally, Proficiency in MS Office with the use of IT facilities for information-sharing and/or database management.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2019, 11:59:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Furthermore, Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.