National Consultant at (UNICEF)
National Consultant at (UNICEF). UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. Also, To help them fulfill their potential.
As a matter of fact, Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Job Number: 518741
Work Type : Consultancy
Duration of the contract: 4 months
Purpose of Assignment
- First of all, the context of the stated program background, the project is mandated to demonstrate the impact of having a multisectoral intervention to be able to do this, an objective measurement of the current situation before implementation of the project is necessary. A neutral and independent person is then required to conduct the objective measurement.
- Also, The main purpose of the assignment is to coordinate/carry out, in collaboration with the INP+ consortium and the National Bureau of Statistics, the systematic data collection, analysis and reporting on the midline status of the INP+ multisectoral pilot in the intervention LGAs (Nangere and Shani) and control LGAs (Bayo and Gujba).
- Finally, The midline report should measure the progress of the INP+ multi-sectoral pilot activities over the course of its implementation, include information to explain any variances in the different interventions and targeting modalities, include a midline cost effectiveness/value for money analysis and provide recommendations for the next stage of the pilot.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
Education: Advanced University degree in Health, Nutrition, Public Health, Epidemiology, Economics, Food security, Statistics or and related field of study
Also, Demonstrated 5 years experience in conducting Formative, Interim and Summative evaluations
Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and knowledge management procedures
Knowledge and experience in application of SMART methodology for nutrition surveys
Also, Experience working in conflict environment
Experience in application of Randomized Control Trial or Quasi Experimental Study design will be an added advantage
Also, Demonstrable knowledge and use of statistical software for data analysis
Fluency in English (verbal and written); knowledge of Hausa and/or Kanuri language is highly desirable.
Also, Knowledge of multi sector system response and cross disciplinary experience in nutrition, health, food systems, agriculture is desired.
Finally, Proven survey management and report writing skills (sample will be required).
Application Closing Date
23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time); 3rd January, 2019
Furthermore, Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- First of all, Applicants should quote an all inclusive fee in their cover letter
- Also, UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Also, UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Finally, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.