Education Sector Coordinator at (UNICEF)
Education Sector Coordinator at (UNICEF). UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. Likewise save their lives. Defend their rights. And finally, to help them fulfill their potential.
As a matter of fact Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Sector Coordinator, (P-4)
Job Number: 518618
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- First of all, Advanced university Degree, in a subject area relevant to Education in Emergencies or Humanitarian Programming.
- Extensive work experience relevant to this post is considered first, as a replacement for an advanced degree.
- Also, Formal training in Sector coordination an advantage. Educational background in information management and data analysis considered a strong advantage.
- Also, A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- First of all, Minimum 8 years progressively responsible humanitarian work experience with UN and/or NGO, including inter-agency coordination of an Education in Emergencies response.
- Also, Experience in information management and data analysis considered a strong advantage.
- Also, Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Finally, Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset. Familiarity/background with emergency is considered as an asset.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Leading and supervising (I)
- Formulating strategies/concepts (II)
- Analyzing (III)
- Relating and networking (II)
- Persuading and influencing – (II)
- Deciding and initiating action (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (III)
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Application Closing Date
23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time); 7th January, 2019
Furthermore, Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- We will contact Shortlisted candidates only. Further, they will advance to the next stage of the selection process.