State Team Leader at Palladium Group
State Team Leader at Palladium Group. Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Team Leader
: Kano, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role/Purpose of Position
- First of all, The State Team Leader is responsible for managing and overseeing the delivery of the Engaged Citizen’s Pillar of the Partnership to Engage Reform and Learn in their state.
- Also, This includes leading on the delivery of ECP programs interventions at the state level under the direction of the North East Lead.
- Also, They will liaise closely with the North East Lead for strategic scale up direction, managing the setting of priorities and work-plans, ensuring the maintenance of MEL and KM systems and overseeing program finance and administration.
- The State Team Leader shall be responsible for the line management and supervision of State Partnership Facilitators, Finance Officers and Admin Officers, short term advisers, as well as participating in the recruitment of new staff into these positions as needed.
- Also, They shall be responsible for managing the performance of these members of staff and building relationships between them to create an effective team, as well as playing a leading role in managing relationships with programme partners in the state, including DFID, government representatives and other programmes.
- Finally, The STL will work closely with the North East Lead, Regional Advisors and relevant National Technical Advisers to ensure the effective oversight of the programme.
Visioning, strategizing, development of approach:
- Lead on the delivery of ECP programme’s interventions implementation at the State level. with support from the North East Lead, Technical Advisors. Reviewing research outputs and supporting the selection and prioritisation of issues and partnerships to support at the state level.
- Leading the development of workplans and budgets and communicate these to staff and partners.
- Also, Oversee strategy implementation and delivery of results in the state with close working relation with the North East Lead for strategic direction.
- Finally, Contributing to refinements of programme priorities and approach on an on-going basis through support for processes of reflection, review and re-strategizing within the team
Line Management Responsibilities
Line managed by North East Lead
- The State Team Leader is responsible for working under the direction provided by the North East Lead and regularly reporting to them and ensuring his/her activities fall within agreed frameworks and operating principles, as well as building an effective working relationship more broadly.
Line manager of State Partnership Facilitators, State Admin and Finance Officers
- Provide daily oversight, staff performance management, including mentoring, staff development (in line with ECP’s Mission, Vision, Values & Behaviours and their ToR), signing off timesheets, appraisal, mediation, arbitration, and enforcement of discipline.
Minimum education and experience required:
- Educated to university degree level or above. (A postgraduate degree is an advantage)
- At least 10 years’ experience in voice and accountability, civil society, private sector, or media in Nigeri
- Also, At least 5 years’ experience in senior management and leadership positions
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in one of the above-mentioned states (Borno, Adamawa &Yobe-BAY)
- Finally, Experience in working in conflict environments with understanding of governance in recovery coordination.
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Strong expertise in building relationships with high level stakeholders in government, media and civil society
- Expertise in the line management and mentoring of programme teams
- Strong skills in overseeing and managing systems for the delivery of development programmes, including planning frameworks, monitoring and evaluation, Coordination in recovery context and knowledge management
- Good understanding of state and civil society dynamics in the region and Nigeria, particularly at the state ‘s level (BAY)
- Evidence of thinking ‘outside the box’ in handling programme management or administrative issues in a sensitive manner.
- Demonstrable skills in ICT, M&E and work planning etc
- Excellent Communication and facilitation Skills (formal and informal).
Key Behaviours in Engaged Citizens:
- Accountability – Accountability entails being open and transparent in all our work, action and behavior.
- Sustainability – Keeping the process going or continuous is key.
- Respectfulness & Inclusiveness – Sensitivity to people, context and environment; everybody counts.
- Learning & Sharing – Everyone knows something and shares something.
- Teamwork – Recognizing everyone’s value and encouraging effective work in teams.
- Adaptive and Iterative – being politically smart and how well our systems and processes respond to changes is key.