Data Scientist (Advisory) at KPMG Nigeria
Data Scientist (Advisory) at KPMG Nigeria. Vacancy available for a Data Scientist (Advisory) at KPMG Nigeria. KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Ref. ID: 138711BR
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
- First of all, Strong knowledge in the following fields: predictive analytics and machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), Artificial intelligence (AI), data visualization, statistical modeling and data mining
- Also, Problemâ€‘solving ability through the use and/or development of algorithms, models, testing, etc.
- Strong understanding and ability to deploy supervised and unsupervised learning techniques including decision trees, ensemble methods, random forests, logistic regression, neural networks, SVM, Unsupervised learning & clustering, Kâ€‘means, etc.
- Also, Strong knowledge and ability to leverage big data tools to cluster large amount of data and process data in distributed, large-scale environments. Familiarity with distributed data processing environments such as Amazon EC2, Storm, Hadoop and Spark will be an added advantage
- Also, Fluency in Python, R, Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming language
- Proficiency and working experience with at least, one statistical modelling tool (such as SAS, Alteryx etc.)
- Also, Strong data cleaning and transformation skills to ensure available data is suitable for modelling
- Finally, Strong communication skills – ability to explain technical concepts to the non-technical professionals/ client personnel
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of five years of professional experience working as a Data Scientist in a practical problem-oriented business area
- Strong experience in analytics, statistics, data mining, machine learning, natural language processing and/or mathematics
- Master’s degree or doctorate degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of second class upper in your first degree
- Must be between 28 – 35 years old.
Application Closing Date
Furthermore, interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online