GBV Case Worker at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
GBV Case Worker at the International Medical Corps (IMC). (IMC) GBV Case Worker at the International Medical Corps. International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: GBV Case Worker
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Case Worker will be responsible for case management and psychosocial support of vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, in one of the project sites in Maiduguri
- First of all, Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Also, Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process including final case evaluation and closure
- Also, Identify gaps in referral services and report these gaps to the GBV Manager for action.
- Liaise with community volunteers for purposes of survivor follow-up as part of case management to individual survivors.
- Also, Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety and security and non-discrimination
- Complete and maintain case management records to maximize confidentiality and safety
- Participate in case review meetings and referral coordination meetings if needed
- Also, Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Also, Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Also, Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Finally, Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month
- Also, Educated to University level (First Degree or HND preferably in Social Science, Psychology or a related field)
- Hausa and English languages required; Kanuri language be must
- Also, Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Also, Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Also, Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
- Finally, Comfort in living and working in Maiduguri
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2018.
Furthermore, Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.