Directorate of Chaplain Services at NigerianArmy
Directorate of Chaplain Services at NigerianArmy. Nigerian Army – Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers. The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
Applications are invited into the Corps and Services of the Nigerian Army (NA) below:
Job Title: Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic)
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Bachelor (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas: Philosophy and Theology from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome.
- All Applicants must have good standing in the church and be also released by a Diocesan Bishop.
- Also, Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- first of all you Must be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Also, male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years, while medical consultants be not more than 40 years of age by January 2019.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Also, Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- At least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any recognized institution of learning.
- Valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Only academic credentials obtained from 2009 to date will be considered.
- All, Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/society/fraternity.
see more at https://www.nigerianarmyms.ng
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Follow the Application Guide below:
- Log on to: www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
- From the home page, select “DSSC Criteria”.
- Read the qualification criteria.
- Click on “Apply Online”
- Click on ‘Register’ to fill the registration form.
- On successful registration, you will receive an email notification containing your login details.
- Click on ‘Login’ to complete the Application Form.
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application.
For further information, you may call 08179269294 and 08109959294, or visit www.army.mil.ng
Department of Military Secretary,
Asokoro – Abuja.