Hotel Porter at Rossland Screening Solution
Hotel Porter at Rossland Screening Solution. Vacancy available for a Hotel Porter at Rossland Screening Solution. Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
Job Title: Hotel Porter
- Carries luggage for hotel and motel guests and cruise ship passengers.
- Provides first-class customer service, showing guests or passengers to their rooms or cabins and answering any questions they may have about facilities.
- Serves as the first point of contact that guests or passengers have at hotel, motel, or cruise ship, making them feel welcome and comfortable at their choice of accommodation.
- Takes suitcases and bags from guests or passengers checking in and, where applicable, tags it and provides customer identification slips
- Carries luggage while escorting guests or passengers to their rooms
- Explains features of rooms and accommodation facilities
- Tends to the needs of guests or passengers for the duration of their stay
- Delivers newspapers to guestrooms
- Runs errands for guests or passengers, in some cases
- Parks and retrieves guest vehicles, in some cases
- Calls taxis for guests
- Carries departing guests’ or passengers’ luggage to cars or taxis
- Maintains appearance, cleanliness, and safety standards in hotel, motel, or cruise ship lobbies
- Ensures guests and passengers leave safely in the event of an evacuation
- Reports to head porter
- Assists concierge, reception, housekeeping, and restaurant staff as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of SSCE
- 2-3 Years’ Experience as a Porter in a Hotel
- People Person, Customer Service Skills, Politeness, Friendliness, Approachability, Good Physical Fitness, Stamina to Work Long Hours, Clean and Tidy Appearance, Good Communication Skills, Strong Work Ethic, Motivation, Flexibility, Positive Attitude, Reliability, Ability to Work Unsupervised, Organisation Skills, Knowledge of Local Area or Ports, Sound General Education, Hospitality Certification (Optional)
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.