Cluster Coordinator at the (WHO)
Cluster Coordinator at the (WHO). Vacancy available for a Cluster Coordinator at the (WHO). World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the Unhttps://recruitmentng.comited Nations system.
It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job Title: Cluster Coordinator
Ref Id: 1804987
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 6 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- Under the overall technical guidance of the IVE Cluster Leader, the Cluster Coordinator will work under the day-to-day supervision of the WHO State Coordinator and the oversight of the Zonal Coordinator.
Description of Duties
SIA Planning, Implementation and Monitoring
- Firstly, Prepare high quality SIA High Risk Operational Plans (HROP) and monitor implementation of these plans, including through pre-implementation SIA dashboard.
- Also, Implement of micro-planning with attention to all components included in the 2013 NPEEP.
- Implementation of high quality training of all cadres involved in SIAs including independent monitors
- Also, Supervise SIA implementation, daily review meetings in highest risk areas and timely submission of daily implementation SIA dashboard.
- Also, Ensure high quality Independent monitoring and timely use of data for appropriate action.
- Monitor and document implementation of PEI accountability framework
- Finally, Support review of each SIA using recommended data and tools (LQAs, EIM, Tally Sheet Analysis…. etc.) and prepare feedback to all key stake-holders.
AFP Surveillance Planning, implementation and monitoring:
- Prepare AFP Surveillance work-plans for all LGAs in the cluster
- Support active surveillance visits targeting major hospitals and priority sites.
- Plan and implement of high quality investigation of any confirmed polio case
- Support surveillance of other VPDs and priority diseases within the national IDSR Strategy
Routine Immunization planning and monitoring:
- First of all, Ensure timely updating of Reaching Every Ward (REW) micro-plans of all LGAs in the cluster.
- Conduct weekly monitoring of Routine Immunization sessions (fixed and outreach)
- Also, Conduct supportive supervision and training of Health workers in Routine Immunization.
- Support activities aimed at improving Routine Immunization Data Quality, including DQS.
- Also, Monitor implementation of priority activities aimed at smooth introduction of new vaccines.
- Finally, Conduct monthly review of implementation of REW micro-plans and RI performance with particular attention to indicators included in the Routine Immunization Accountability Framework.
Essential: University Degree, preferably in one of the following: Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health.
Desirable: Post-graduate Degree in Public Health, preferably in Epidemiology or other related public health fields .
Essential: At least 5 years’ experience in EPI/PEI activities in similar roles in an organization concerned with public health management.
Desirable: Prior working experience with international nongovernmental organization (INGOs), WHO/UN, health clusters partners, recognized humanitarian organizations.
Use of language skills:
Essential: Advanced level spoken and written English.
Desirable: Understanding of local languages
- Firstly you must have good knowledge of MS Office packages, including working knowledge of health data management packages like EPI INFO, etc
- Also, Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and partners at national, state and LGA levels.
- Ability to work as a team, establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online