Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer at Equal Access Nigeria (EA)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer at Equal Access Nigeria (EA). Vacancy available for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer at Equal Access Nigeria (EA). Equal Access International (EAI) is an international not for profit organization (501c3) working throughout Asia and Africa.
A communication for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, EA creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world in the areas of peace and transforming extremism, women’s and girl’s empowerment, governance, civic participation, youth development, human rights and health.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer
Reporting & Supervision: The MEL Officer will report to the Chief of Party.
EAI is preparing for the USAID/Nigeria Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP), a five year, $15 million conflict management and mitigation activity that will strengthen inter-faith, inter-ethnic, and other local conflict mitigation networks to support and promote peaceful coexistence, good governance and religious freedoms in targeted communities in six focus states of Northern Nigeria, including building the capacity of state and local governments to assist communities in mitigating violent conflict and preventing violent extremism. CIPP will coordinate with USAID/Nigeria’s relevant health, basic education, and economic growth activities. This project is anticipated to be awarded by February 2019.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer provides strategic guidance, vision and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- This individual also supervises MEL staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with sub-awardees and USAID.
- The Officer oversees all MEL activities, provides technical direction and support, and ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following or related fields: Social Science, International Development, Evaluation Research, Statistics or Economics.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
- Progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of conflict mitigation, preventing violent extremism, and/or democracy and governance programs, including working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, program beneficiaries and program staff.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in one of the above stated technical fields;
- At least 5 years relevant experience; experience working on donor-funded programs, particularly USAID, is preferred;
- Good communication skills and positive work ethic;
- English language skills required.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail a copy of their CV’s and Statement of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “MEL Officer, USAID Nigeria CIPP” in the subject line. Documents will be reviewed by members of EAI based in Washington, DC.
- Selected candidate’s employment is dependent on USAID issuing award to Equal Access.
- Nigerian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply