Energy Models Analyst at (OPEC)
Energy Models Analyst at (OPEC). Models Analyst at (OPEC).Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
Job Title: Energy Models Analyst
Job Code: 5.4.01
Objective of Position
- To ensure adequate development of the modeling capabilities of the Department and to supervise the development and maintenance of medium- to long-term modeling systems; to coordinate and be responsible for running the models; and to coordinate, carry out or contribute to studies based on a modeled approach.
- Ensures and supervises the development of medium- and long-term modeling systems made by the OPEC Secretariat or by outside consultants and to co-ordinate for running the models.
- Ensures the maintenance of proper specifications of the models in use, keeps OPEC Secretariat methodologies continually under review and provides general guidelines for improving methodologies for the models in the Department.
- Conducts or contributes to studies based on a modeled approach.
- Responsible for defining the most reasonable raw input data for and running, modifying and updating the models in the Secretariat; estimating and re-specifying the equations of the models to increase their computational efficiency.
- Studies and keeps abreast of other energy model efforts developed outside so as to keep OPEC methodologies continually under review.
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University Degree in Economics, Statistics or Computational Modeling
- Advanced Degree preferred
- University Degree: 8 years in the petroleum industry
- Advanced Degree: 6 years
- Energy modeling
- Knowledge of latest developments in exploration/production (upstream), pipeline transportation, refining (downstream) and modeling
- Broad knowledge of various phases of oil operations and energy related environmental issues an asset
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.