UNIPORT Orientation Programme Schedule 2018/19
UNIPORT Orientation Programme Schedule 2018/19. This is to inform all the fresh students of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) that the authority of the institution has announced the 2018/2019 academic session Orientation Programme. However which will take place as follows:
DATE: Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
TIME: 9.30 a.m.
VENUE: Convocation Arena, in University of Port Harcourt.
Above all, All fresh students are to attend the event and be prompt.
The University of Port Harcourt is a university in the Nigerian city of Port Harcourt. While It was established in 1975 as University College, PorHarcourt and was given University status in 1977. Furthermore, the University of Port Harcourt was ranked the sixth in Africa and also the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education in 2015. Furthermore the University was Founded 1975
The university originally had six schools in 1977
- Firstly, School of Humanities
- Secondly, School of Social Sciences
- Thirdly, School of Biological Sciences
- Fourthly, School of Chemical Sciences
- And also, School of Physical Sciences
- School of Educational Studies
- Lastly, School of Science Laboratory Technology
However It later change from a school system to a faculty system in 1982. The university now has twelve faculties:
- Firstly, Faculty of Humanities
- Secondly, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Thirdly, Faculty of Education
- And also,Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- College of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Science
- And With, Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Lastly, Faculty of Law