Senior Associate at the Management Sciences for Health
Senior Associate at the Management Sciences for Health. Vacancy available for a Senior Associate at the Management Sciences for Health. Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact.
Job ID: 13-10189
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A577 – PMI-S
Reports To: Operations Manager
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced Manager.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Make sure the phone on every desk is working at all times.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals on a monthly basis (monthly report of the work done submitted to the Operations Manager)
- Prepare the Projector and other presentation materials for quality presentations.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Information Technology or Computer science.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowing of customer service principles and practices
- Keyboard skills
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- MSCE, N+ or A+ , CCNA (industry standard professional qualifications)
- Ability to work with a switchboard
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must possess a user first mentality
- Experience with Google Apps
- Familiarity with computer networking, TCP/IP a plus
- Familiarity with Symatec Altiris a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online