Senior Secretary at United Nations
Senior Secretary at United Nations. Vacancy available for Senior Secretary at United Nations. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: Senior Secretary
Position Number: 10026311
Category: Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant/Senior Secretary
Grade: GS – 5
Duration of Contract: 1 Year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Context, Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Representative, the Senior Secretary shall be responsible for office management, secretarial and administrative support to the country office
- As per specific instructions, the incumbent will be guided by the Representative who provides general outline of assignments and reviews the completed work for accuracy and conformance with objectives
The incumbent shall carry out the following responsibilities:
- Arrange appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar. Receive visitors; places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential
- Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system.
- Draft official correspondence, documents and reports on routine matters and/or for clearance by the supervisor and ensure follow-up. Maintain filing system for electronic and hard copy documents.
- Assist in making travel arrangements/claims;
- Assist in the preparation of visit programmes, briefings on issues covered by the office, collection of documentation for briefing kits; talking points and other material for missions, meetings and visits.
- Liaise at an appropriate level with other units/Sections, HQ services, Regional Representations and country offices, as applicable, to facilitate the work of the office.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent Technical or commercial school with Secretarial training and/or certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- Good computer skills.
Application Closing Date
Midnight, 2nd October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online