Compex Engineer at RusselSmith Group
Compex Engineer at RusselSmith Group. Vacancy available for a Compex Engineer at RusselSmith Group. RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
Job Title: Compex Engineer
- Repairs electrical equipment such as panel lighting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, voltage regulators and reverse current relays.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains motors, transformers, generators, lights, appliances, circuits, wiring, and other electrical system equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Operates a variety of electrical testing equipment in locating and determining types of electrical malfunctions.
- Gland or re-gland and dress up or re-dress the electric cable.
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirement and sequence of repairs and/or installations.
- Inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves, and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions, and repairs or replaces when necessary.
- Installing, calibrating and maintaining detection equipment.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Use and handle the electrical testing and repair equipment appropriately.
- Maintain the records of all electrical inventories. Place orders for new spare parts and equipment if needed.
- Works with high voltage transformer. Repairs and maintains high voltage systems.
- Valid BOSIET certificate and offshore medical fitness certificate.
- Rope Access Level III mandatory
- CompEX certificate-4 mandatory
- A University Degree in Electrical Engineering or related work experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people is essential.
- Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of operational problems.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online