Clinical Mentors at Kebbi State Primary Health Care
Clinical Mentors at Kebbi State Primary Health Care. Vacancy available for a Clinical Mentors at Kebbi State Primary Health Care. The Kebbi State Primary Health Care Development Agency (KBSPHCDA) provides support for the implementation of the National Health Policy in all matters relating to PHC in the state.
In partnership with UNICEF through the European Union funds remain committed in ensuring improved and qualitative primary health care delivery across the state.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Mentor
Job No: 09022018
Locations: (Argungu LGA, Birnin Kebbi LGA, Jega LGA, Fakai LGA) Kebbi
Work type: Contract
Job Type: Full-time
- Support delivery of all maternal & newborn services at the PHC.
- Observations of practices & procedures with provision of clinical guidance for quality service delivery.
- Assess the clinical skills of the facility staff and identify areas of improvement.
- Support and strengthen the use of SOPs for improved quality service delivery.
- Coaching and on-the-job training on clinical procedures, practice, job aids.
- Build capacity for simple data management and analysis at the Health Facility level
- Ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Ensure quality in data entry across all services supported in the health facilities.
- Competency Area Required
- Clinical proficiency & capacity to make ethical decisions.
- Willingness to mentor other health workers through on-site visits.
- Familiarity with & ability to use clinical standards.
- Capacity & desire to motivate the mentee to perform well.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff including provision of constructive, timely, and interactive feedback.
- To be knowledgeable of the Nigerian PHC system, including management structure, policies & appropriate line of communication.
Minimum Required Experience:
- Retired from active service for Midwives.
- 3 to 5 Years for Doctors
- Midwifery/Nursing Certificates and License (For Midwives)
- MB, BS Certificate from a recognized university and Current practicing License ( For Doctors)
- All applicants are required to be resident of the LGA they are applying to.
- Essential recognized midwifery/nurse degree/diploma
- MBBS Degree
- Essential, knowledge of Hausa is an asset
- Use of MS Word, Excel sheet is very essential.
Application Closing Date
21st, October 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in sealed enveloped MARKED “Position applied for” containing the Documents below to:
Director Personnel Management,
No.21 Emir Haruna Road,
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and phone number(s).
- Contact information of any previous employer/s for reference.