Laboratory Shift Chemist at Dangote Group
Job Title: Laboratory Shift Chemist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function/Domain: Refinery Operations Tech Services
- We are looking for Laboratory Shift Chemist Candidates for Refinery.
- It is essential that the candidate should have relevant Refinery, experience/Petrochemical Plants experience, to build the World’s largest single stream train Greenfield refinery and Petrochemical complex site based candidates for Nigeria, Lagos.
- Knowledge on ASTM, IP, UOP, ISO etc., standard procedures & its requirements and Good Laboratory practices.
- Hands on experience in various Lab instruments with respect to Petroleum and PP sample analysis.
- Associate with Instrument service engineers for installation of Lab instruments.
- Getting training on safe start up & shut down, minor trouble shooting and Routine Maintenance of the Lab Instruments. Preparation of Standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge in ISO 9000 & 17025 standard procedures and its requirements
- Familiar with Laboratory GLP practices
- Fire Fighting & Safety (Personnel, process and procedures)
- Emergency Response, Administrative processes, procedures
- Must be familiar and hands on experience in Refinery Hydrocarbon / Polypropylene samples Analysis. Water, waste water and Process chemicals analysis. Solution preparation and Instruments Calibration procedures / steps. Blend study of various streams. Adequate knowledge on standard test methods / procedures.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- A B.Sc./ M.Sc degree in Chemistry with minimum 60 % marks degree are eligible.
- The applicant must have experience of 3 – 5 years in Refinery / Petrochemical / Polypropylene lab shift operations.
- The applicant should have back ground of Refinery / petrochemical / Polypropylene testing and well versed in handling Hydrocarbon and water & Waste water testing procedures.
- Hands on experience in sophisticated advanced analytical instruments related to Refinery & polypropylene products like.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online